The aim of the game
To have children from 6 years and up unwittingly learning about the elements, so when they are shown the periodic table (which can be quite daunting and confusing) they find themselves on very familiar ground, boosting their confidence levels and giving them a head start.
The game at a glance
73 cards in the deck
With more to follow as we expand the set!
Each card features a super hero created to reflect the properties of the element.
Knowledge is power
All the information on the cards is based on fact.
2 ways to play
A Rock-Paper-Scissors style game for the very young and a game where you compare the power value on your card to your opponent’s card.
What’s in a name?
The word ‘Kapa’ comes from a Nordic word that is the root word for ‘Cope’ – that is Richard’s surname and ‘Cope’ means “A maker of cloaks or capes” and, since the number one piece of clothing for a super hero is a cape, then… you get the picture. Inspiration occurred and the game was created.
Whilst Rich was developing the card game the last element to be named was element 112 Copernicium – nice coincidence!
A video introduction
A general overview
- 73 cards (more will follow) that show super hero characters that represent the elements – simple!
- The super hero characters created on the card reflect the properties of the element they represent.
- All the information on the cards is based on fact.
- On the reverse of each card is a short story about the super hero.
- There are also two additional games on the back of each card. One game based on paper/scissors/rock but using fire, water and wind (the original elements) played out on Earth.
- The second game is where you compare one of five values of your element/hero to see if you can beat your opponent. But in our game, it is the smallest/coldest/earliest value that is the winner. (Small is more beautiful!)
- There are also light flares on the edges of each card that join up to the relevant card so a child is able to build the periodic table jigsaw fashion.
A video description
Ready to learn?
Don’t miss out on the fun! Order yours today here.